This statement of faith is a brief summary of the basic beliefs we hold and teach. It is not a statement of every detail of every doctrine we hold, because such a statement would be far too long. But it is a useful statement that can articulate our basic doctrines.
WHAT WE BELIEVE AND TEACH
- We believe there is One God, Eternal, Trinitarian, Father Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe there is an unseen spiritual world, where God and multitudes of angels exist. Also in this spiritual realm is Satan; the fallen arch-angel Lucifer; and multitudes of malevolent demons, which are fallen angels.
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them.
- We believe that humans rebelled against the grace and kindness of God and that each person’s sin has separated them from God.
- We believe that God the Son, Jesus, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, and is truly God and truly man. Jesus came to seek and to save the lost. He died as a substitute for us and his death atoned for our sins, opening the way for all to have their sins forgiven. Through His death, burial and bodily resurrection, Jesus made reconciliation with God possible for all. His blood shed for us made redemption available to all.
- We believe that God loves the whole world, which is every person in this world.
- We believe that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation for all who believe. This gospel invitation is open to all people.
- We believe that after His resurrection Jesus ascended to heaven and will one day come again to judge the living and the dead. At His coming He will renew all creation so that there is a New Heaven and a New Earth. All who are in Christ will enjoy this New Heaven and New Earth for eternity. All who are not in Christ will be eternally separated from God in hell, the place reserved for Satan and the evil spirits, and all who reject the gospel invitation.
- We believe that whoever calls on the Name of the Lord Jesus will be saved.
- We believe that we are saved by God’s Grace, which is His loving gift to all, and that grace comes to us through our faith in Jesus.
- We believe that true faith will result in repentance, and the first step for those who put their faith in Christ is to be baptised into Christ. We do not believe that baptism is a condition for salvation. Salvation is by faith alone, so that it may be in accordance with grace.
- We believe in God the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, who indwells us when we put our faith in Christ. The spirit gives spiritual gifts to the Christian as He sees fit, for the purpose of building the Church and extending God’s Kingdom on earth. The Holy Spirit empowers the believer to produce spiritual fruit in their life, and to serve God by serving His Church and His people. Every Christian should be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the 66 books of the Bible are the Word of God. The Bible does not ‘contain’ the Word of God, the Bible ‘is’ the Word of God.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, the family of God, and the hope of the world.
- We believe that Jesus has commissioned His church and every Christian to go into all the world and make disciples baptising them in the Name of the father, Son and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe the things that our Lord has taught us.
- We believe that the Church is to be light to a dark world, and salt to a corrupt and unjust world.